Hong Kong Coffee Shops – Reader Picks
Readers respond to our Top 10 Best Coffee Shops article by sharing their favorite spots for a good cup.
HK Hub Readers’ Favourite Coffee Shops
We had such an overwhelming response to last week’s post on the Best Coffee Shops in Hong Kong that we simply had to share just a few more of your favourite places. Thanks so much to everyone who wrote in with tips – and don’t forget, if you’ve got something to say about a coffee shop listed in our Directory, feel free to leave a review!
1. Coco Espresso – The staff at family owned and operated Coco Espresso includes a number of winners and finalists in Latte Art and Barista Championships around the globe. Classes on how to use your home espresso machine are available. G/F, 2 Anton Street, Wan Chai; G/F, 197 Queen’s Road, Central.
2. My My Caffe – Readers tell us the espresso at this tiny standing room only coffee bar in Sheung Wan is unbeatable! Hours vary day to day, so check their Facebook page to see when My My Cafe will be open. Cash only. Shop C, G/F, 8 Cleverly Street, Sheung Wan.
3. Holly Brown – Besides making a great cup of coffee, this standby reader favourite is also known for their gelato and famous Honey Gelato Toast. Coffee courses on topics ranging from basic drink making to roasting your own coffee beans are taught in English and Cantonese. Six locations in Hong Kong: TST, Central, and Causeway Bay.
4. Knockbox Coffee Company – This specialty roaster’s stock of imported and home-roasted coffee and espresso beans change weekly based on what is new, fresh, and good. True afficianados should try the Coffee Grand Slam, in which one coffee is brewed in three different styles. G/F, 21 Hak Po Street, Mong Kok.
5. Soulmate Coffee – Tucked away in a carpark in Kwai Chung, Soulmate regulars go for the the neighborhood feel and unique flavoured coffees. Block A, G/F., Wing Cheung Industrial Building, 58-70 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, NT.
6. Bespoke Coffee Time – This British coffee shop also serves simple, home cooked food, wine, and beer. Shop G01, Manhattan Place, 23 Wang Tai Road, Kowloon Bay.
7. 18 Grams – This cool Causeway Bay shop was such a hit with coffee lovers that they’ve recently added two new locations – a tiny new coffee shop in TST and a larger cafe (with full food menu) in Mong Kok.