Celebrate Black Truffle Season With The Divino Group
Available from 6 January to 31 March, Spasso, DiVino, DiVino Patio and Carpaccio restaurants will feature a sumptuous selection of dishes that showcase the prized black winter truffles or ‘Tartufo Nero’ from Norcia in Umbria.
No Menu, No Limitations, No Rules
“It’s a joy to cook with these delicious truffles and introduce their incredible flavours to our customers,” explains Chef Michele. “As we pursue a ‘No Menu, No Limitations, No Rules’ approach to our craft, we are free to tailor our use of the truffles to the exact taste and preference of our diners. I’m looking forward to coming up with recommendations and combinations that will really surprise and challenge people’s palates!”
Unlike the white truffle, the black truffle’s flavours are optimised when gently heated or cooked, exuding an almost peppery taste in tandem with their delicate, sweet and fruity aroma. Black winter truffles are one of the most precious culinary delicacies – adored by gourmet diners and chefs alike. Their inclusion to any dish will heighten the flavours of the other ingredients and warrant a proclamation of “magnifico!” with the meal.
With DiVino Group’s ‘No menu. No limitations. No rules.’ approach to the menu, diners are invited to experience black truffles as they wish – be adventurous and creative, delight in the capacity to experiment. But each of the Group’s four restaurants will be offering unique dishes created by their respective chefs.
DiVino’s Truffle Creations
- Angus Carpaccio Beef, cream of slow cooked egg, mâche salad and black truffle petals
- Delicate risotto creamed with Burrata from Andria and winter black truffle
- Black Angus Ranges Valley “Tagliata” served with wild rocket pecorino shaving and black truffle
Divino Patio’s Truffle Creations
- Angus carpaccio beef, rocket, balsamic pearls, black truffle and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Daho potato foam, wild mushrooms dust and winter black truffle
- My interpretation of spaghetti alla carbonara, tossed with prawns and black truffle
- Saffron risotto with a ragout of sausage and Melanosporum black truffle
Spasso’s Truffle Creations
- Hand tossed pizza bianca, topped with smoked Scamorza, diced potato, baby spinach and Melanosporum black truffle
- “Ferron 1650” carnaroli with porcini mushrooms and Norcia black truffle
- Label Rouge guinea fowl supreme slow cooked & pan-roasted laid on a baby spinach salad, served with a rich egg lemon sauce and black truffle
Carpaccio’s Truffle Creations
- Carnaroli risotto with beetroot, Parmesan cheese fondue and black truffle petals
- Homemade tagliatelle with vegetarian carbonara enriched with black truffle
- Black truffle & potato focaccia with mozzarella fior di latte and a hint of rosemary
DiVino: 73 Wyndham Street, Central. Tel: +(852) 2167 8883
Spasso: G5-8, 12-17, Empire Centre, 68 Mody Road, TST East, Kowloon. Tel: +(852) 2730 8027
DiVino Patio: 1/f, BRIM28, Causeway Bay Centre, No 28 Harbour Rd, Wanchai. Tel: +(852) 2877 3552
Carpaccio: Shop 307, 3rd Floor, iSquare, 63 Nathan Road, TST, Kowloon. Tel: +(852) 2328 5202
Find more restaurant inspiration in our bar & restaurant news roundup here!