Take a Break and Escape the City
If you are feeling the need to escape and unwind from the frenetic pace of life in Hong Kong but without the hassle of airports and jetlag, a staycation is the perfect solution.
HotelQuickly have narrowed down the Top 5 hidden hotel gems, with superb pools, top quality dining options and great scenery for you to relax, unwind, and recharge.
Raphael Cohen, Co-founder of HotelQuickly, explains: “These 5 hotels have been carefully vetted by HotelQuickly staff for providing excellent service and most importantly, great pools, with great scenery.” The bonus is that each hotel is less than HK$1,000 a night! If you book via the Hotel Quickly App, you will receive and extra HK$150 off each of the hotels featured below – enter the code POOL when making your booking.
1. Le Meridien – Cyberport: Is an architecturally dynamic building located by the blue waters of Telegraph Bay. The sleek outdoor swimming pool is an ideal spot to cool off. With five bars and restaurants, you’ll never need to leave the hotel during your staycation.
2. Hotel Jen – Sai Ying Pun/Kennedy Town: This elegant hotel has commanding views across Victoria Harbour. The rooftop pool set above the city is the perfect place to dip into the water, and let the week’s troubles melt away.
3. Royal View Hotel – New Territories: This hotel is located on the waterfront between Tsing Ma and Ting Kau Beaches. Dip into their tranquil pool set amongst the greenery or pop down to the beach for a stroll.
4. Gold Coast Hotel – New Territories: Located adjacent to the Gold Coast Marina and Yacht Club, this hotel occupies 10 acres of lush sub-tropical gardens. The palm-fringed resort pool is the largest free-form pool in Hong Kong. Complete your staycation with brunch at Cafe Lagoon, which also caters specifically for the kids.
5. Dorsett Kwun Tong – Kowloon East: This chic hotel has stylish guest rooms and suites, with access to an equally stylish outdoor swimming pool. This hotel is perfect for relaxation.