Apple revealed its highly awaited iPhone 15 early on Wednesday morning during a live event in the US. The iconic smartphone will be available in four models in a variety of different colours for pre-order from 8pm on September 15, and will be in stores in Hong Kong on September 22.
One of the biggest changes in Apple’s 15th-generation smartphones is that they will now come with USB-C charging cables, in response to European regulation requirements, allowing customers who buy the iPhone 15 and AirPods Pro to use the same charging cables used for iPads and Macs. Other highlights include a new titanium shell, a new Action button, powerful camera upgrades, and the A17 Pro chip on the Phone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Features and pricing of iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus
The 6.1-inch iPhone 15 and 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Plus will both come in blue, pink, yellow, and green. While the iPhone 15 will cost HK$6,899 onwards, the price of the iPhone 15 Plus will start at HK$7,699.
Some of the new key features for these phones are:
- Colour-infused back glass with a textured matte finish
- Contoured edges on the aluminium enclosure
- Dynamic Island display
- Advanced camera system with a powerful 48MP main camera
- 2x Telephoto option for three optical zoom levels
- Next generation of portraits with improved detail and low-light performance
- A16 Bionic chip for powerful performance
- USB‑C connector
- Precision finding for Find My Friends
- Industry-leading durability features
Features and pricing of 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max
Both the 6.1-inch iPhone 15 and 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Plus will be available in blue, white, black, and natural titanium. Prices for the iPhone 15 Pro start at HK$8,599, and at HK$10,199 for the iPhone Pro Max.
The highlights of these phones are:
- Aerospace-grade titanium construction for lightweight design
- Contoured edges and customisable Action button
- Powerful camera upgrades with an equivalent of seven pro lenses
- Advanced 48MP Main camera with super-high-resolution 24MP default
- Next generation of portraits with Focus and Depth Control
- Improved Night mode and Smart HDR
- All-new 5x Telephoto camera exclusive to iPhone 15 Pro Max
- A17 Pro chip for next-level gaming experiences and pro performance
- Supercharged USB‑C connector with USB 3 speeds
- Satellite-based Roadside Assistance for help while off the grid
Header image credits: Apple