Hong Kong is set to be draped in Halloween splendour, thanks to the “Hallo” Hong Kong Halloween campaign by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB). Starting October 15, iconic landmarks, transport hubs, and popular tourist spots across the city will be adorned with vibrant Halloween-themed decor. From smiley pumpkins and playful spirits to candy pops, the decorations promise to add a whimsical charm to the cityscape.
Riding on the ‘Night Vibes Hong Kong’ campaign, “…the HKTB is leveraging the (Halloween) festival to further strengthen the celebratory ambience by putting up jovial decor city-wide, allowing visitors to fully immerse themselves in the fun experience as soon as they set foot in town, while the local public also enjoy the celebrations.” said Dane Cheng, the Executive Director of HKTB, highlighted Hong Kong’s reputation as one of Asia’s top destinations for Halloween festivities.
Highlights of the campaign include:
- HKTB Visitor Centres at locations such as the Hong Kong International Airport and the Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier will offer a Halloween makeover. Visitors can expect treats, exclusive festive charms, and even personalized Halloween itineraries.
- MTR Stations like Central, Admiralty, and Wan Chai will host 10 unique spirits, each embodying local landmarks and features. These spirits will surprise and delight commuters, urging them to capture the moment.
- MTR’s Admiralty and Causeway Bay stations will undergo a complete Halloween transformation, featuring pumpkin-themed decorations. Other stations, including Central and Tsim Sha Tsui, will also join in the celebrations.
- Sightseeing Transports, including the Sightseeing Bus, Star Ferry, and Dukling junk boat, will flaunt Halloween-themed attire. A notable attraction is the giant laughing pumpkin at the Central Pier, perfect for selfies.
- Tourist Hot Spots such as the Park Lane Shopper’s Boulevard and the Avenue of Stars will glow with neon lights and LED art installations, creating a captivating Halloween atmosphere.
Additionally, from 27 to 31 October, eight prominent shopping destinations in Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, and Central will distribute exclusive Halloween souvenirs and organize festive activities. For a comprehensive overview of all Halloween events in Hong Kong, the public and tourists are encouraged to visit the HKTB’s page online.
Header image credit: HKTB