It’s summer and we’re all stuck in Hong Kong. Unlike other years where you would be jetting off to some destination or another, this year you’ve got a whole other location to discover – Hong Kong! Hidden across Hong Kong are incredible hotels offering staycation packages designed to fulfil all your summer vacay vibe desires! So grab your swimsuit, your sunnies, and your loved ones and get ready for the ultimate staycation.
With architecture that draws you into its embrace, packages tailored for pet- or family-friendliness, inclusive meals at internationally-recognized in-house restaurants, bars, and lounges, and more, these stay, dine, and indulge experiences stand out from the pack. The hotels featured here have multiple staycation package offerings, and we’ll expound on the most basic ones offered.
Hong Kong Island
If you’re looking for a hotel that has it all, spend a night at The Murray. Escape the mundane with The Murray’s stunning architectural designs, sophisticated urban chic rooms, and five elegant restaurants. Each room features floor-to-ceiling windows, offering plenty of natural light and beautiful views of the surrounding city. While there are plenty of dining options at The Murray, we particularly like Popinjays, the rooftop bar and restaurant with a stunning terrace. Be sure to enjoy a cheeky nightcap before retiring to your room for the night.
- The Murray Staycation Package includes daily breakfast, afternoon tea, Surf and Turf 3-course set dinner, and up to two pets can also stay overnight.
- Cost : Starting at $3,432/night on Klook, or book on Booking, or call +852 3141 8888.
- Address : The Murray, 22 Cotton Tree Dr, Central.
Arguably one of Hong Kong’s swankiest hotels, a staycation at The Upper House is the perfect splurge for a night away. Many of the rooms offer sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, but if you don’t manage to snag a harbour view, simply head up to the top floor of The Upper House to enjoy a seasonal Meditaterranean menu at Salisterra. The hotel offers complimentary weekend morning yoga classes and if you’re really looking to pamper yourself, opt for one of the many in-room spa treatments available.
- The Upper House Staycation Package includes unlimited popcorn and on-demand movies in your room, complimentary Maxi-Bar, complimentary dessert for birthdays and anniversaries, and daily breakfast for two and dining credit (based on the deal you choose).
- Cost: Starting at $2,992/night on Klook, or call +852 2918 1838.
- Address: The Upper House, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty
Often overlooked given its location in the eastern district of Hong Kong Island, EAST has some of the most stunning and unique views of Victoria Harbour. The vibe at EAST is relaxing and laid-back, the service is friendly and efficient, and the floor-to-ceiling windows in the rooms give the space an airy and bright feel. Whether you want to laze under the sun or do a few laps, EAST has an outdoor pool on the 4th floor, but the real gem of the entire experience is Sugar, the hotel’s rooftop bar where you can watch the sun set with a cocktail.
- The EAST Staycation Package includes welcome drinks for two at Sugar, complimentary use of the outdoor pool and gym, complimentary tea and coffee in your room, and breakfast at café/lobby lounge Domain.
- Cost: Starting at $733/night on Klook, or book on Booking, or call +852 3968 3968.
- Address: EAST Hong Kong, 29 Tai Koo Shing Rd, Quarry Bay.
A list about staycations is not complete without the JW Marriott Hong Kong. Located in Pacific Place with easy access to all the cultural, gastronomic, and touristic attractions Hong Kong has to offer. You can stroll through the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens, indulge in some shopping at Pacific Place, relish some authentic dim sum at the Michelin star Man Ho Chinese Restaurant and then head over to Lan Kwai Fong for a night of (socially distant) partying – all within a day! End the day with a bath using the complimentary aromatherapy toiletries.
- The Stay Well Dine Well Package includes dining credit equivalent to the room rate for an afternoon tea set at JW Café, a champagne brunch at The Lounge, the day’s fresh catch at Fish Bar alongside the pool, or in-room dining.
- Cost: Starting at $2,227/night on Klook or call +852 2810 8366.
- Address: JW Marriott, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty.
This urban sanctuary has long been a standout hotel in Hong Kong. Island Shangri-La located above Pacific Place is home to eight restaurants and bars perfect for authentic Cantonese at the Michelin-starred Summer Palace, a casual affair at Lobster Bar & Grill, or a fine French dining experience at Restaurant Petrus. The contemporary Thai restaurant Waterside Terrace is just steps away from the outdoor pool, so you can keep the poolside cocktails and bites coming all day. Personalize your own getaway spa experience at the indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, 24 hour fitness center, Hatha yoga classes at the health club, solarium, and massage treatments.
- The basic staycation package includes $1000 hotel credit, a complimentary kids’ amenities bag, and access to the gym and outdoor swimming pool.
- Reserve: Book on Booking or call +852 2877 3838.
- Address: Island Shangri-La, Supreme Court Rd, Central.
If waking up in old world charm and 300 thread count sheets sounds like your idea of a good staycation, then you’ll love The Pottinger. Affectionately named after Hong Kong’s first Governor, The Pottinger has an East-meets-West vibe present in the rooms’ modern decor with a distinct touch of history. It’s hard to beat the central location of the hotel, making it a fuss-free venture. The Pottinger is also home to a few great restaurants – Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano and Ta Vie – and a laid back bar, The Envoy, with cozy outdoor seating.
- The Pottinger Hong Kong Staycation Package includes complimentary access to Goji Studios Central in the V. Heun building 2 minutes from the hotel and $1300-$1400 dining credit or a five-course set dinner, afternoon tea, and complimentary breakfast.
- Cost: Starting at $1,452/night on Klook, or book on Agoda or Booking, or call +852 2308 3188.
- Address: The Pottinger, 74 Queen’s Rd Central, Central.
This classic hotel is the perfect combination of East meets West in both design and service. Most of the rooms have a bit of an old school feel, but what you’re really after at the Mandarin Oriental goes far beyond the room. We particularly like the spa suites, designed for couples or friends who want to completely unwind together. You’ll also find a gentleman’s barber, complete salon, tea lounge, an indoor swimming pool with an underwater sound system, and tepidarium.
- The Mandarin Oriental Dining Staycation Package includes a lavish complimentary breakfast for two, afternoon tea, a 3-course dinner, and 24 hour stays on weekdays. Members of the Mandarin Club can enjoy the extra benefits of a free upgrade and evening cocktail.
- Cost: Starting at $2,200/night on Klook, or call +852 2522 0111.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 5 Connaught Rd Central, Central.
From the moment you step into the lobby, the staff at Four Seasons is at your service. With stunning harbour view rooms, an emphasis on mindfulness and wellbeing, and way too many Michelin-stars under one roof, this hotel is a no-brainer. Spend the day relaxing by the heated infinity pool before retreating to the spa for one of the hotel’s unique treatments at the vitality lounge or steam rooms. End your day at either two Michelin-starred French bar Caprice, three Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Lung King Heen, or three Michelin-starred Sushi Saito followed by an innovative cocktail at Argo.
- The Four Seasons Hong Kong Taste-cation Package includes a one-night stay in the Deluxe Peak View room and breakfast for two.
- Cost: Starting at $2,750/night on Klook, or book on Booking or call +852 3196 8888.
- Address: Four Seasons Hotel, 8 Finance St, Central.
Opened in late 2019, Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour offers a serene oasis in North Point surrounded by food, culture, and leisure. The panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and urban landscape are made even more picturesque when watching the sunset from their rooftop infinity pool or Cruise, their gorgeous restaurant and bar. To help you overcome your travel bug, they also have a series of travel-themed packages so you can “tour the world in Hong Kong.” Having already visited Korea, Thailand, they are now touring Western Australia!
- The basic Hyatt Centric Staycation Package includes a lunch buffet and breakfast buffet at The Farmhouse, which emphasizes organic ingredients and sustainably sourced seafood. Hyatt Centric is ALSO a pet-friendly hotel! They offer the Centric Dogcation with amenities for your pet and complimentary access to the Upper Farm Doggy Playground. A perfect solution to all your staycation needs.
- Cost: Starting at $1,078/night on Klook or call +852 3896 9888
- Address: Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour, 1 North Point Estate Lane, North Point.
Designed by interior designer extraordinaire André Fu, St. Regis is described as a “curated mansion” in the heart of Wan Chai. It is luxury at its finest. With its Frette linens, robes and slippers, Laboratoire Remède products, and Claybrook bathtub, you will feel cocooned in comfort. They also have not just one but two Michelin-starred restaurants. You can enjoy Chef Olivier Elzer’s innovative take on traditional French cuisine in a contemporary setting at L’Envol, or indulge in the modern Cantonese dishes created by Chef Hung Chi-Kwong at Rùn. Or better yet, try both! And finally, you have to stop by The St. Regis Bar where you can taste the bespoke signature cocktails inspired by Hong Kong’s tramline and New York’s subway.
- The Stay and Dine Package includes daily breakfast for two, $200 valet credit, and a choice between a 3-course set dinner to be enjoyed at The Drawing Room restaurant or in-room, and an in-room afternoon tea set.
- Cost: Starting at $3,345/night on Klook or call +852 2136 6888.
- Address: St. Regis Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Drive, Wan Chai.
Opening its doors in December 2020, The Hari is a luxurious retreat in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Wan Chai. Their 210 luxury guestrooms, with interior architecture designed by the renowned Tara Bernerd & Partners studio, offer an incredible vantage point with views of the intertwining old and new in Hong Kong. For a special occasion, you can book one of their three rooftop suites with a private terrace, where you will also find a selection of ever-changing artworks from contemporary local and regional artists. They also house two restaurants, Japanese restaurant and terrace Zoku and Italian restaurant and bar Lucciola. And of course, with the abundance of cafes and shopping in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay (with the hotel just 400m from Times Square), you’ll never be short on entertainment options!
- The Staycation by The Hari Package includes breakfast and welcome drinks for two, HK$400 food & beverage credit, and complimentary late check-out.
- Cost: Starting at $1,265/night on Klook, or book on Agoda or Booking, or call +852 2129 0388.
- Address: The Hari, 330 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai.
Step back in time during your stay at one of the city’s most iconic hotels: The Peninsula. Built in the 1920s, The Peninsula’s guest rooms with marble bathtub and free HD movies exudes old world charm and timeless elegance. Perhaps best known for its classic afternoon tea, the hotel also offers an impressive range of cuisines – head to Gaddi’s for a French fine dining experience, Spring Moon for Michelin-starred Cantonese cuisine, or one of the other six restaurants and bars that are sure to delight your senses. Although we’d prefer a hotel with an outdoor pool, The Peninsula’s heated indoor pool means you can enjoy the stunning backdrop of the harbor all year long.
- The Rewind Time Stay Experience package includes complimentary breakfast at The Lobby and, if you’re celebrating an anniversary or birthday, amenities and a gift.
- Cost: Starting at $3,168/night on Klook or call +852 2920 2888.
- Address: The Peninsula, Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Known for its trademark European luxury, The Langham exudes elegance and comfort. If you’ve ever wanted to dine at a three Michelin-starred restaurant, now’s your chance to indulge in authentic Cantonese cuisine at T’ang Court. The Langham also has more casual dining options where you can grab a burger at New York-style deli Main St. Deli or enjoy an authentic British afternoon tea at Palm Court. Head up to the rooftop where you’ll be surrounded by a 604-square meter wellness sanctuary comprised of treatment rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, and a split-level fitness and health club.
- The Tasty Summer Treats Getaway package in the courtyard view room includes daily breakfast for two adults and a child, free flow ice cream and chocolate fountain, and complimentary access to the 15th floor rooftop heated swimming pool and exclusive fitness center.
- Cost: Starting at $1,527/night on Klook, or book on Booking or call +852 2375 1133.
- Address: The Langham, 8 Peking Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
After a quick 80 second journey up, the elevator doors will open to the grand lobby of The Ritz-Carlton, located on the 102nd floor of West Kowloon’s International Commerce Centre. The soaring panoramic views of the city can be seen throughout the hotel and are completely captivating. Get your feet wet at the hotel’s indoor infinity pool or pamper yourself in one of their nine lavish treatment rooms. The Ritz-Carlton is home to two Michelin-starred restaurants: Cantonese restaurant Tin Lung Heen and Italian restaurant Tosca. OZONE, the rooftop lounge, is the city’s highest bar and has an incredibly indulgent Sunday brunch buffet where both the food and wine flow.
- The Sky High Staycation Package includes daily breakfast for two, free room upgrade for HKID holders on Mondays to Thursdays, a complimentary bottle of house champagne on the day of arrival, and 20% off of dining and spa services.
- Cost: Starting at $3,744/night on Klook or call +852 2263 2263.
- Address: The Ritz-Carlton, ICC, 1 Austin Rd West, West Kowloon.
When a hotel claims they have beds “so comfortable you may never want to leave,” you can bet they’ll make it onto this list (especially when you can enjoy those harbour views without moving a muscle). Throughout the hotel you’ll find plenty of art pieces crafted by local talents and curated by award-winning artist Freeman Lau, along with a variety of ‘green’ additions to the hotel’s decor. The open-air heated pool, poolside bar dishing out stone baked pizza, fresh coffee, and frosted craft beers, celebrated Cantonese restaurant Above & Beyond, and Angsana Spa by Banyan Tree make Hotel ICON even more enticing as a staycation getaway.
- The Hotel ICON Staycation Package includes a buffet breakfast and durian-themed afternoon tea set for two at The Market (featuring 7 open kitchens each showcasing a different culture’s cuisine) and a complimentary in-room mini bar and snack refresh.
- Cost: Starting at $1,760/night on Klook, or book on Booking or call +852 3400 1000.
- Address: Hotel ICON, 17 Science Museum Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
The sleek and sexy Mira in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui is more than you can expect in one of Hong Kong’s most bustling and busy neighbourhoods. You can immerse yourself in the spa or the stunning indoor pool for some relaxation, while your kids are enjoying the Mira Wanderland with tons of fun activities and games. You can also taste the globe as the Mira is home to seven different restaurants including the innovative French-Japanese Whisk and their open-air lounge Vibes with an onsite shisha master. But you may just end up hanging out in your room and chilling in the marble bathtub, taking in their bold colour palettes and luxurious design elements.
- The Mira Hong Kong Staycation Package includes complimentary access to the Summer World Tour experience until 29 August 2021 (with activities like family yoga, culinary workshops, krav maga, and art classes), 24 hour access to the pool and fitness room, 20% off drinking and dining, and 25% off spa treatments at Mira Spa.
- Cost: Starting at $880/night on Klook or call +852 2368 1111.
- Address: The Mira, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui.
At this chic Nina property located in industrial Kwun Tong, the intertwining of art and technology are evident through out the hotel’s public spaces and guest rooms. Displayed art from their Artist in Residence Program is inspired by the area’s rich history of textile production. There are exciting outdoor adventures and innovative dining surrounding the hotel to make your staycation a true ‘tour your own city’ experience.
- The Nina Hotel Kowloon East Staycation Package includes set breakfast for 2 at contemporary European restaurant forte from award-winning Chef Cheuk Sin, daily mini-bar drinks, and complimentary use of the swimming pool and gym.
- Cost: Starting at $693/night on Klook or call +852 3968 8666.
- Address: Nina Hotel Kowloon East, 38 Chong Yip St, Kwun Tong.
In a little over 30 minutes you will feel like you’re a world away at the Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel. Located seaside amongst tropical gardens, with a day spa and fabulous resort-style pool, you might just want to move here permanently. The Gold Coast Hotel offers its visitors one of Hong Kong’s longest stretches of beach, well-maintained jogging/walking tracks, and an abundance of dining and entertainment options. Although this hotel does a great job catering to families with their waterpark, Outdoor Kids Island, kid-themed rooms, adventure zone, and more, it’s also a perfect romantic getaway or a fun weekend with friends.
- The Summer Staycation Package includes a night’s stay in the balcony room, complimentary breakfast buffet, access to the swimming pool and gym, $200 dining credit at Gold Coast Prime Rib, Satay Inn, or Figs at YUÈ, and 50% off the hotel’s zipline and mini train kids’ adventures.
- Cost: Starting at $1,980/night on Klook, or book on Booking or call +852 2452 8888.
- Address: Gold Coast Hotel, 1 Castle Peak Rd, Castle Peak Bay.
Want to escape Hong Kong and have a seaside vacation? You can do that in our very own backyard, Discovery Bay! A short bus ride away from Discovery Bay ferry pier is the beautiful Auberge, equipped with everything you need for a perfect get away. Near the beach, check; stunning views, check; AND an outdoor pool with views of the ocean, check check check! You can also enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at Café bord de Mer & Lounge, either indoor or on the terrace, while overlooking the South China Sea. And with the close proximity to Disneyland and other attractions such as the Big Buddha, you will never be out of things to do, with kids or adults!
- The Auberge Discovery Bay Staycation Package includes a night’s stay in the Mountain View Room, buffet dinner, and breakfast buffet for two.
- Cost: Starting at $1,637/night on Klook, or book on Booking | Call +852 2295 8288
- Address: Auberge Discovery Bay, 88 Siena Ave, Discovery Bay, Lantau Island.
Other deals and promotions available in Hong Kong
The selection above only includes staycations but many hotels offer last-minute deals and discounts. Klook, Agoda or Booking.com regularly propose new promotions and that’s a good start for your next peaceful retreat from Hong Kong hustle and bustle.