Hidden across Hong Kong are incredible hotels offering staycation packages designed to fulfil all your weekend vibes, and we’ve gathered here the latest staycation packages available in the city. Whether you fancy a 5-stars hotel for a luxurious break or, a more lay back one for a romantic stay with your loved one, grab your swimsuit, your sunnies, and get ready for the ultimate staycation.
With architecture that draws you into its embrace, packages tailored for pet- or family-friendliness, inclusive meals at internationally-recognized in-house restaurants, bars, and lounges, and more, these stay, dine, and indulge experiences stand out from the pack. The hotels featured here have multiple staycation package offerings, but we’ve introduced the basic packages for easy comparison.
Disclaimer: The stated prices are accurate at the time of publishing. It’s best to double-check with hotels the most up-to-date staycation features before booking.
If you’re looking for a hotel that has it all, spend a night at The Murray. Escape the mundane with The Murray’s stunning architectural designs, sophisticated urban chic rooms, and five elegant restaurants. Each room features floor-to-ceiling windows, offering plenty of natural light and beautiful views of the surrounding city. While there are plenty of dining options at The Murray, we particularly like Popinjays, the rooftop bar and restaurant with a stunning terrace. Be sure to enjoy a cheeky nightcap before retiring to your room for the night.
- The Welcome Back Staycation includes one-night accommodation in the Superior Room/N1 Deluxe Room/N2 Grand Room/N3 Grand Deluxe Room/Explorer Suite, daily breakfast for two, and complimentary in-room blockbuser movies. A child aged below 4 can stay with an extra bed for an extra $700, and up to two pets can stay for $1,000 each.
- Cost: Starting at $3,500/night on Klook, book on Booking.com, or call +852 3141 8888.
- Address: The Murray, 22 Cotton Tree Dr, Central.
Arguably one of Hong Kong’s swankiest hotels, a staycation at The Upper House is the perfect splurge for a night away. Many of the rooms offer sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, but if you don’t manage to snag a harbour view, simply head up to the top floor of The Upper House to enjoy a seasonal Meditaterranean menu at Salisterra. The hotel offers complimentary weekend morning yoga classes and if you’re really looking to pamper yourself, opt for one of the many in-room spa treatments available.
- The Studio 70 Island View Room + Breakfast Staycation includes a one-night stay in the Studio 70 Island View Room, on-demand in-room movies, complimentary Maxi-Bar access (except wine), complimentary access to group wellness classes on weekends, breakfast for two at Salisterra (the hotel’s Mediterranean restaurant on the 49/F), and 24-hour access to the gym.
- Cost: Starting at $4,510/night on Klook or call +852 2918 1838.
- Address: The Upper House, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty.
From the moment you step into the lobby, the staff at Four Seasons is at your service. With stunning harbour view rooms, an emphasis on mindfulness and wellbeing, and way too many Michelin-stars under one roof, this hotel is a no-brainer. Spend the day relaxing by the heated infinity pool before retreating to the spa for one of the hotel’s unique treatments at the vitality lounge or steam rooms. End your day at either two Michelin-starred French bar Caprice, three Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Lung King Heen, or three Michelin-starred Sushi Saito followed by an innovative cocktail at Argo.
- The Taste-cation Package includes a one-night stay in the Renovated Deluxe Peak View Room, daily breakfast for two at The Lounge, Argo, or room service subject to availability; welcome fruit for two, and Festive Taste-cation set dinner for two. Also included are an array of virtual in-room activities such as sound therapy, stretching, massage, scavenger hunt, etc. Families with kids can enjoy access to the kids’ playroom and tent amenities delivered to the room.
- Cost: Starting at $5,500/night on Klook or call +852 3196 8888.
- Address: Four Seasons Hotel, 8 Finance St, Central.
A list about staycations is not complete without the JW Marriott Hong Kong. Located in Pacific Place with easy access to all the cultural, gastronomic, and touristic attractions Hong Kong has to offer. You can stroll through the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens, indulge in some shopping at Pacific Place, relish some authentic dim sum at the Michelin star Man Ho Chinese Restaurant and then head over to Lan Kwai Fong for a night of (socially distant) partying – all within a day! End the day with a bath using the complimentary aromatherapy toiletries.
- The JW Buffet-cation includes a one-night stay in the Deluxe Room (Free upgrade to Harbour View Room), daily breakfast buffet for two at JW Café, and dinner buffet for two at The Lounge on the arrival day. It includes a 30-hour stay in total.
- Cost: Starting at $3,291/night on Klook or call +852 2810 8366.
- Address: JW Marriott, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty.
Conrad offers a sleek stay for business travellers and staycationers alike. Set on the 61st floor of Pacific Place, the hotel provides soaring views of Victoria Harbour as well as Victoria Peak. Choose from six restaurants and bars including Northern Italian fine dining Nicholini’s, sophisticated Cantonese restaurant Golden Leaf, and poolside dining at Garden Cafe. Rooms are built for practicality and homely comfort with a pillow menu and genuine marble bathrooms with deep soaking bathtubs.
- The Staycation Offer includes a free upgrade to Harbour View Room for arrivals from Monday to Thursday, complimentary daily breakfast for two, two general admission tickets to Ocean Park, and a HK$30 in-park voucher.
- Reserve: Prices vary per night; book on Booking.com or call +852 2521 3838.
- Address: Conrad Hong Kong, Pacific Place, No. 88 Queensway, Admiralty.
Between $1,500/night and $3,000/night
As far as harbour views and central location go, being steps away from the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island as well as two MTR stations, it’s hard to beat Marco Polo Hongkong. The hotel partly forms Harbour City mall, the widest spanning shopping mall in the city with luxury retail brands and a cornucopia of restaurants ranging from The Cheesecake Factory and Dan Ryan’s Chicago Grill all the way to Palco Italian Restaurante and Ebisoba Ichigen. The hotel itself houses Café Marco and Cucina, offering Italian fine dining and cocktails.
- The Foodie Escape Staycation includes one-night accommodation in the Superior Room and a whopping $1,300 dining credit for all Marco Polo HongKong Hotel restaurants and à la carte in-room dining.
- Cost: Starting at $1,527/night on Klook or call +852 2113 0088.
- Address: Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
This classic hotel is the perfect combination of East meets West in both design and service. Most of the rooms have a bit of an old school feel, but what you’re really after at the Mandarin Oriental goes far beyond the room. We particularly like the spa suites, designed for couples or friends who want to completely unwind together. You’ll also find a gentleman’s barber, complete salon, tea lounge, an indoor swimming pool with an underwater sound system, and tepidarium.
- The Festive Retreat Staycation includes a one night stay, daily breakfast for two (in-room, Clipper Lounge, or Café Causette), and complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktail at The Mandarin Oriental Club.
- Cost: Starting at $2,970/night on Klook or call +852 2522 0111.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 5 Connaught Rd Central, Central.
When a hotel claims they have beds “so comfortable you may never want to leave,” you can bet they’ll make it onto this list (especially when you can enjoy those harbour views without moving a muscle). Throughout the hotel you’ll find plenty of art pieces crafted by local talents and curated by award-winning artist Freeman Lau, along with a variety of ‘green’ additions to the hotel’s decor. The open-air heated pool, poolside bar dishing out stone baked pizza, fresh coffee, and frosted craft beers, celebrated Cantonese restaurant Above & Beyond, and Angsana Spa by Banyan Tree make Hotel ICON even more enticing as a staycation getaway.
- The Hotel ICON Staycation includes one night in the ICON 36 City View Room, four-course set dinner with free-flow beverages at Green for two, buffet breakfast for two at The Market, complimentary access to the outdoor swimming pool and gym, and complimentary in-room mini bar, snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Cost: Starting at $2,310 on Klook or call +852 3400 1000.
- Address: Hotel ICON, 17 Science Museum Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Known for its trademark European luxury, The Langham exudes elegance and comfort. If you’ve ever wanted to dine at a three Michelin-starred restaurant, now’s your chance to indulge in authentic Cantonese cuisine at T’ang Court. The Langham also has more casual dining options where you can grab a burger at New York-style deli Main St. Deli or enjoy an authentic British afternoon tea at Palm Court. Head up to the rooftop where you’ll be surrounded by a 604-square meter wellness sanctuary comprised of treatment rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, and a split-level fitness and health club.
- The 36 Hour Hideaway Staycation includes buffet breakfast for two on the day after arrival, afternoon tea for two at Palm Court, guaranteed check-in at 9am, and guaranteed late check-out at 9pm the following day for a luxuriously long stay.
- Cost: Prices vary per night; book on Booking.com or call +852 2375 1133.
- Address: The Langham, 8 Peking Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Want to escape Hong Kong and have a seaside vacation? You can do that in our very own backyard, Discovery Bay! A short bus ride away from Discovery Bay ferry pier is the beautiful Auberge, equipped with everything you need for a perfect get away. Near the beach, check; stunning views, check; AND an outdoor pool with views of the ocean, check check check! You can also enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at Café bord de Mer & Lounge, either indoor or on the terrace, while overlooking the South China Sea. And with the close proximity to Disneyland and other attractions such as the Big Buddha, you will never be out of things to do, with kids or adults!
- The Ocean Front Room Staycation includes a one-night stay in the Ocean Front Room, buffet breakfast and dinner for two at Café bord de Mer & Lounge, and complimentary access to the hotel gym and outdoor pool (subject to opening seasons).
- Cost: Starting at $2,319/night on Klook, book on Booking.com, or call +852 2295 8288.
- Address: Auberge Discovery Bay, 88 Siena Ave, Discovery Bay, Lantau Island.
Hotel Madera is a boutique hotel with eccentric if cozy-sized rooms in Kowloon. But fear not if you’re looking for some space to breathe – the hotel’s chic Horizonte Lounge on the 29th floor offers intimate, Matrix-esque vibes on the inside and once you walk up the stairway, beautiful views over Kowloon stretching into Hong Kong Island in the distance. Rooms are outfitted with bathtubs with Jacuzzi jets. Once you’ve freshened up, Hotel Madera is conveniently located near dai pai dongs, Temple Street Night Market, and other quintessential Hong Kong cultural heritages.
- The Penthouse Staycation includes a one-night stay in the Madera Penthouse, complimentary mini bar and snacks, a complimentary bottle of red wine, and 20% off any Madera Yoga class.
- Cost: Starting at $2,860/night on Klook or call +852 2121 9888.
- Address: Hotel Madera Hong Kong, 1 Cheong Lok St, Jordan.
Opening its doors in December 2020, The Hari is a luxurious retreat in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Wan Chai. Their 210 luxury guestrooms, with interior architecture designed by the renowned Tara Bernerd & Partners studio, offer an incredible vantage point with views of the intertwining old and new in Hong Kong. For a special occasion, you can book one of their three rooftop suites with a private terrace, where you will also find a selection of ever-changing artworks from contemporary local and regional artists. They also house two restaurants, Japanese restaurant and terrace Zoku and Italian restaurant and bar Lucciola. And of course, with the abundance of cafes and shopping in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay (with the hotel just 400m from Times Square), you’ll never be short on entertainment options!
- The Staycation by The Hari includes a one-night stay in the King or Twin Room, breakfast for two, welcome drinks for two (exclusive offer for bookings made through Klook), $400 hotel food & beverage credit, and complimentary late check-out until 3pm between Mondays to Thursdays.
- Cost: Starting at $2,200/night on Klook, book on Agoda, book on Booking.com, or call +852 2129 0388.
- Address: The Hari, 330 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai.
The sleek and sexy Mira in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui is more than you can expect in one of Hong Kong’s most bustling and busy neighbourhoods. You can immerse yourself in the spa or the stunning indoor pool for some relaxation, while your kids are enjoying the Mira Wanderland activity zone with tons of fun activities and games. You can also taste the globe as the Mira is home to seven different restaurants including the innovative French-Japanese Whisk and their open-air lounge Vibes with an onsite shisha master. But you may just end up hanging out in your room and chilling in the marble bathtub, taking in their bold colour palettes and luxurious design elements.
- The Foodie Haven Staycation includes a one-night stay in the City Room, lunch buffet at Yamm on the arrival day, daily breakfast, 20% off dining at all hotel restaurants and bars, and 20% off all à la carte spa treatments at MiraSpa during the stay.
- Cost: Starting at $1,705/night on Klook or call +852 2368 1111.
- Address: The Mira, 118 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui.
Aptly named, The Harbourview is located a walk away from Hong Kong Expo and Victoria Harbour, and most rooms benefit from a grand view of the water. The hotel is one of the best placed four-star hotels for exploring the abundance of dining and shopping in Causeway Bay and Wan Chai, while being close to the harbourfront promenade. The buffet at The Harbour Restaurant is regarded as one of the most well-priced hotel buffets in the city, with Western delicacies ranging from steak to crab.
- The Premier Room Staycation includes a complimentary upgrade to the Premier Plus Room (when booking on Klook), dinner buffet for two on arrival day, buffet breakfast for two on the day after arrival, and complimentary in-room coffee and tea.
- Cost: Starting at $1,540/night on Klook or call +852 2802 0111.
- Address: The Harbourview, 4 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai.
Opened in late 2019, Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour offers a serene oasis in North Point surrounded by food, culture, and leisure. The panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and urban landscape are made even more picturesque when watching the sunset from their rooftop infinity pool or Cruise, their gorgeous restaurant and bar. To help you overcome your travel bug, they also have a series of travel-themed packages so you can “tour the world in Hong Kong.” Having already visited Korea, Thailand, they are now touring Western Australia!
- The Centric Staycation includes one night in a Standard Room (king or twin bed), buffet breakfast for two at The Farmhouse, and lunch buffet for two at The Farmhouse (valued at $596 on weekdays and $816 on weekends).
- Cost: Starting at $1,870/night on Klook or call +852 3896 9888.
- Address: Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour, 1 North Point Estate Lane, North Point.
In a little over 30 minutes you will feel like you’re a world away at the Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel. Located seaside amongst tropical gardens, with a day spa and fabulous resort-style pool, you might just want to move here permanently. The Gold Coast Hotel offers its visitors one of Hong Kong’s longest stretches of beach, well-maintained jogging/walking tracks, and an abundance of dining and entertainment options. Although this hotel does a great job catering to families with their waterpark, Outdoor Kids Island, kid-themed rooms, adventure zone, and more, it’s also a perfect romantic getaway or a fun weekend with friends.
- The Stay & Dine Room Package includes a one-night stay in the Deluxe Seaview Room, outdoor lunch buffet with snow crabs at Café Lagoon, breakfast for two, and complimentary mini-bar.
- Cost: Starting at $1,500/night on Klook, book on Booking.com, or call +852 2452 8888.
- Address: Gold Coast Hotel, 1 Castle Peak Rd, Castle Peak Bay.
The five-star Cordis hotel is a sanctuary in the middle of Mong Kok, located right next to 42-storey shopping centre Langham Place. With unparalleled access to retail and dining, and endless options for upscale as well as homier local cuisine in the heart of Kowloon, you would be hard pressed to find a better central location to get the feel of Hong Kong’s energy. Not to mention the hotel houses Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Ming Court and a glorious rooftop swimming pool.
- The Double Bubbles Staycation includes a one-night stay in the Superior Room, buffet breakfast for two (and a child aged 12 or below) at The Place, one complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, complimentary Lush bath product, 15% off F&B, and complimentary access to the rooftop pool, gym, and Health Club.
- Cost: Starting at $1,438/night on Klook or call +852 3552 3388.
- Address: 555 Shanghai St, Mong Kok.
With unbeatable views of Victoria Harbour from Sheung Wan, ibis is a hotel in the heart of one of Hong Kong’s most historical neighbourhoods. The district is part of what used to be Hong Kong’s capital during colonial times, Victoria City. Step onto a tram stop right outside the hotel to explore the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Trail, cafés, art galleries, and Sheung Wan Market, which holds an eclectic mix of Asian and Western cuisine.
- The 24-Hour Stay Package includes a one-night stay in the Harbourview Room, set dinner for two, daily buffet breakfast for two, free mini bar once per stay, and guaranteed 24-hour stay (latest check-out time is 3pm). One child can stay with two adults for no extra charge.
- Cost: Starting at $798/night on Klook or call +852 2252 2929.
- Address: 28 Des Voeux Rd W, Sheung Wan.
The Royal Garden is a five-star oasis in eastern Tsim Sha Tsui, a quieter region populated by hotels and luxury shopping. When you step out of your room, you see that all the hallways open out onto the grand atrium – look up, and you’ll see the light pouring in from the dazzling ceiling-wide skylight; look down, and you can see guests partaking in the renowned international buffet amongst greenery with live music. The rooftop swimming pool recalls a Roman bathhouse with its arched windows out to the harbour. Fine Foods Shop, the hotel’s very own patisserie, offers light Asian-influenced cakes and pastries.
- The Celebrate with Loved One Staycation includes a welcome mixed fruit cream cake and bottle of prosecco, buffet breakfast for two at The Greenery, 25% discount on spa treatments, 15% discount on dining in and beverages at hotel restaurants (excluding The Fine Foods; blackout dates apply on peak holiday dates), and complimentary use of the gym and underwater music heated pool.
- Cost: Starting at $902/night on Klook or call +852 2721 5215.
- Address: The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui East.
If waking up in old world charm and 300 thread count sheets sounds like your idea of a good staycation, then you’ll love The Pottinger. Affectionately named after Hong Kong’s first Governor, The Pottinger has an East-meets-West vibe present in the rooms’ modern decor with a distinct touch of history. It’s hard to beat the central location of the hotel, making it a fuss-free venture. The Pottinger is also home to a few great restaurants – Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano and Ta Vie – and a laid back bar, The Envoy, with cozy outdoor seating.
- The Pottinger Classic Room Staycation includes one-night accommodation in a Classic Room, $200 dining credit for Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano, and guaranteed late check-out until 3pm.
- Cost: Prices vary per night; book on Booking or call +852 2308 3188.
- Address: The Pottinger, 74 Queen’s Rd Central, Central.
Are you looking for a special staycation?
What are the best family-friendly staycations?
What are the staycations with the best pools?
Other deals and promotions available in Hong Kong
The selection above only includes staycations but many hotels offer last-minute deals and discounts. Klook, Trip.com, Agoda, or Booking.com regularly propose new promotions. That’s a good start for your next peaceful retreat from Hong Kong’s hustle and bustle, and we’ve also gathered more staycations below.
Receive the latest hotel and staycation deals in your mailbox
Header image credits: istankov via Canva