Looking for a way to spend an entire summer day by the water, but not in the sun? Hong Kong has a great lineup of hotels that give you the chance to hang out by the pool without having to book a staycation, courtesy their day passes.
We take a deep dive into some of the best swimming pool day passes in the city, and give you the lowdown on price points and the hotel facilities you get access to so you can pamper yourself a bit — or a lot!
The Langham — Tsim Sha Tsui
Escape to this corner of tranquility tucked away from the bustling crowds of Tsim Sha Tsui, where you can take a dip in the heated pool or relax in the hot tub. Day pass holders can also use the sauna and gym until 11pm. You’ll need to book your passes and pay for them in person at the hotel.
- Price: HK$400 per person (Monday-Friday), HK$500 per person (Saturday-Sunday)
- Pool opening hours: 6am-7pm
- Location: 8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Call: +852 2132 7880
Harbour Grand Hong Kong — North Point
Want an unobstructed view of Victoria Harbour as you experience some poolside pampering? Head up to the 42nd floor of this North Point hotel and luxuriate in its 27-metre-long pool, while families with kids can make use of the children’s pool. If you’re a fitness freak, you can sweat it out at the gym, or you could unwind some more at the sauna, steam room, or jacuzzi.
- Price: HK$300 per person (Monday-Friday), HK$400 (Saturday-Sunday), free entry for children under 3
- Pool opening hours: 8am-8pm
- Location: 23, Oil Street, North Point
- Call: +852 2121 2688
W Hong Kong — Kowloon
Located at a breathtaking 692 feet above ground, the outdoor heated pool at W Hong Kong is where you can get some of the best panoramic views of the city. This pool pass gives you access to a day of indulgence — think entry to the Technogym-equipped fitness centre, the use of the hotel’s luxury sauna and aroma steam room, and up to two glasses of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label champagne! If you feel you need an extra dose of pampering, the pass comes with a HK$1000 spa gift voucher.
- Price: HK$750 per person (Monday-Friday, includes one glass of champagne), HK$988 per person (Saturday-Sunday, includes two glasses of champagne), free entry for children under 3
- Pool opening hours: 10am-10pm
- Location: 1 Austin Road, Kowloon Station, Kowloon
- Call: +852 3717 2222
Cordis Hong Kong — Mong Kok
This 20-metre-long heated pool boasts an underwater audio system with fibre optic lights to make your swim experience soothing. And you can pop into the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi in between swim sessions. The day pass is usually not issued on weekends, but you can call ahead to check whether the pool is busy on a Saturday or Sunday and, if you’re lucky, you may be able to get one for these days.
- Price: HK$500 per person
- Opening hours: 7am-7pm (Sunday-Thursday), 7am-9.30pm (Friday-Saturday)
- Location: 555 Shanghai Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
- Call: +852 3552 3510
The Mira Hong Kong — Tsim Sha Tsui
Does a day at an infinity pool with floatation lounges with heated waterbeds sound like your idea of a perfect time? The Mira’s daycation pass gives you all that, plus access to the hotel’s sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, gym, and aromatherapy showers. If you’re looking for day out at the pool with the kids, check out the hotel’s Summer Pool Day Family Package, which adds a mini burger, French fries, and juice per person to the mix.
- Price: HK$500 per person (Monday-Sunday), HK$980 for two adults and one child (HK$328 for extra adult or child), free entry for children under 3
- Opening hours: 6.30am-10pm (pool is closed from 6pm-7pm every day)
- Location: 118-130 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Call: +852 2315 5500
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong — Wan Chai
Leave the packed streets of Wan Chai behind and unwind at this tropical paradise, complete with lounge chaises and a waterfall bar. The Plateau Spa Fitness pass allows you to take a dip in the heated pool, as well as use the fitness centre, steam room and sauna.
- Price: HK$600 per adult and HK$350 per child aged 6-12 (Monday-Friday), HK$800 per adult and HK$400 per child aged 6-12 (Saturday-Sunday), free entry for children under 6
- Pool opening hours: 10am-7pm
- Location: 1 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
- Call: +852 2584 7688
Kerry Hotel — Hung Hom
Enjoy gorgeous views of Hong Kong Island as you chill out by this 25-metre outdoor pool. Day pass holders also get to use the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi until 11pm.
- Price: HK$500 per adult and HK$250 per child aged 3-12 years, (Monday-Friday); HK$700 per adult and HK$350 per child aged 3-12 years (Saturday-Sunday), free entry for children under 3
- Pool opening hours: 7am-8pm
- Location: 38 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom Bay, Kowloon
- Call: +852 2252 5888
Fullerton Ocean Park — Aberdeen
The 60-metre infinity pool at the Fullerton Ocean Park provides sweeping vistas of the Aberdeen Channel. Make the most of a day here by picking up the Oceanfront Escape Day Pass, which includes entry to the pool and a kids’ lagoon with slides, water shooters, and tunnels for two 1.5-hour sessions. Children must be either 12 years old or 120cm tall to use the slides. Session timings vary from month to month, so call ahead to book yours.
- Price: HK$600 per adult for two sessions and HK$300 per child aged 3-11 for two sessions (Monday-Thursday)
- Pool opening hours: 8am-7pm
- Location: The Fullerton Ocean Park, 3 Ocean Drive, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
- Call: + 852 2166 7388
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong — Kowloon
Want a pool day with a view of Hong Kong Island without the sun exposure? Then the Ritz-Carlton’s poolside with its floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the harbour is just the thing. A day pass will get you access to the pool and gym, as well as the sauna for men and steam room for women. As a bonus, you can relax in the indoor and outdoor jacuzzis and the ice bath kept at 10 degrees Celsius.
- Price: HK$750 per adult, HK$550 per child under 14 (Monday-Friday)
- Pool opening hours: 6am-10pm
- Location: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Call: +852 2262 2263
Club Siena — Discovery Bay
This Lantau entry isn’t in a hotel, but housed in a residents’ club that non-members can also enter. The all-day entry fee will only give you access to indoor and outdoor water facilities in the summer, which includes a free-form pool, a splash pool, a bucket pool, and a baby pool.
- Price: HK$110 per adult and per child (Monday-Friday), HK$170 per adult and per child (Saturday-Sunday)
- Pool opening hours: 7am-8pm every day (freeform and indoor pools), 10am-7pm every day (bucket pool and baby pool)
- Location: Discovery Bay, Lantau Island
- Call: +8522987 7382
Header image credits: The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel via Facebook