Ocean Park’s landmark waterpark is set to open its doors this Summer 2021. Dubbed Hong Kong’s “theme park resort,” Water World will be the city’s first ever all-weather waterpark and the first waterfront waterpark in Southeast Asia. (There is no exact opening date set yet due to Covid-19 complications and restrictions.)
The project had already been delayed multiple times since it broke ground in 2015. Now, amid promising outlooks bolstered by the city’s steadily increasing vaccination rate, Water World aims to promote international and local tourism in Hong Kong with its multiple tiers of 27 aqua attractions blended seamlessly with existing attractions on the mountain.
In line with stringent hygienic standards to be expected at an amusement venue during this time, Ocean Park stresses regular checks for water quality and overall facility cleanliness.
The indoor waterpark is split into five zones:
- Splendid Reef, which crawls along the seaside.
- Torrential River, with three twisty-turny slide attractions including Rainbow Rush which has competitive mat rides where you can channel Aladdin.
- Adventure Coast, a lazy afternoon sunning spot where kids can splash in the outdoor pool and then grab a family lunch at the Big Wave Snacks kiosk.
- Thrill Valley, with adrenaline-spiking slides like Daredevil Drop built into the mountainside.
- Hidden Village, where you can learn how to surf in Horizon Cove, the 1,450-square-metre indoor wave pool with technology to imitate real-life wave conditions. Horizon Cove is also equipped to house shows and parties with its stage area and mega screen.
Stay tuned for updates on Ocean Park Hong Kong’s website.